At the law firm of Garcia Ives Nowara, we are committed to achieving positive results for our clients by doing high-quality work in a wide variety of cases in both state and federal courts. Our firm’s four experienced litigators have their own specialties, many of which overlap, allowing for collaboration that benefits our clients in more complex cases.
We generally focus on:
• Representing people whose civil rights have been violated
• Obtaining compensation for people who have suffered personal injuries
• Helping people who have ongoing or past employment problems
• Working on behalf of whistleblowers
• Criminal defense, including white-collar and health care matters
• Administrative proceedings, security clearance matters, and debarment
• Civil and criminal appeals
Matthew L. Garcia and George Bach formed the firm in 2009. It operated with two lawyers, under the name Bach & Garcia, for three successful and productive years.
In 2012, the firm grew, changing its name to Garcia Ives Nowara. Zachary A. Ives and Molly Schmidt Nowara joined the firm as partners. George Bach, who had become a professor at the University of New Mexico School of Law, is now of counsel to the firm.
Based in Albuquerque, our firm’s lawyers have handled legal matters and represented clients throughout New Mexico, from Clayton to Lordsburg and Farmington to Hobbs, as well as in other states. We have experience in courts at all levels, from municipal courts to the Supreme Court of the United States.