Born and raised in Albuquerque, Molly graduated magna cum laude from the University of New Mexico School of Law in 2001. Molly is an experienced trial lawyer and is dedicated to client-centered representation. From 2001 to 2005, Molly worked in Washington, D.C., first in a judicial clerkship and then joining the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia, one of the premier public defender offices in the country. Molly then returned to New Mexico as an Assistant Public Defender in the Santa Fe office of the Department of the Public Defender. While there, Molly represented hundreds of clients in serious felony matters from arraignment through trial and post-conviction issues.
In 2007, Molly entered private practice, first at the Santa Fe office of the Rothstein Law Firm, then Freedman Boyd Hollander Goldberg Ives & Duncan, P.A. in 2008, and most recently, Garcia Ives Nowara in 2012.
Molly brings to her cases extensive trial experience. Molly represents those accused of violent crimes (including homicide, sex crimes, and child abuse), white-collar crimes (including healthcare fraud, embezzlement, and fraud), drug crimes, driving under the influence, weapons charges, domestic violence, and criminal appeals.
Molly also specializes in representing professionals in administrative hearings involving professional licensure (including medical professionals) and security clearances. Molly has successfully defended clients before the various licensing boards in New Mexico, including the New Mexico Medical Board, Board of Nursing, and Board of Dental Health Care.
Molly has been selected by Super Lawyers magazine since 2012 as a “Super Lawyer” in the area of criminal defense. In 2015, Molly was named a “Top 25″ lawyer in New Mexico by Super Lawyers. Molly is also a frequent presenter in New Mexico and around the country in Continuing Legal Education conferences. She has taught as an adjunct professor at the University of New Mexico School of Law since 2009.
Molly joined her friends and colleagues, Matthew L. Garcia, George Bach, and Zachary Ives in practice because she shares their dedication to justice and rigor in the practice of law.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Violent Crimes
- White-Collar Crimes
- Drug Crimes
- Driving Under the Influence
- Weapons Charges
- Domestic Violence
- Criminal Appeals
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- J.D. magna cum laude - 2001
- Honors: Order of the Coif
- Honors: Clinical Honors
- Honors: Julia Raymond McCulloch Memorial Award for Constitutional Law, 2001
- Honors: Margaret Keiper Daily Award for Equal Justice
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.A. - 1997
- Wrongful Convictions Seminar, Adjunct Professor, University of New Mexico School of Law
- Internal Investigations Seminar, Adjunct Professor, University of New Mexico School of Law
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Cooperating Attorney of the Year, ACLU-NM, 2013 - Present
- New Mexico State Bar Justice Pamela B. Minzner Outstanding Advocacy for Women, 2013 - Present
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in Criminal Defense, 2012 - 2017
- Super Lawyer in Criminal Defense, 2014 - 2015
- Top 25 Super Lawyers in New Mexico, Super Lawyers, 2015 - Present
- 40 Under 40 Awardee, Albuquerque Business First, 2014 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New Mexico Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Department of the Public Defender, Santa Fe office, Assistant Public Defender
- Rothstein Law Firm, Attorney, 2007 - Present
- Freedman Boyd Hollander Goldberg Ives & Duncan, P.A., Attorney, 2008 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- New Mexico Innocence and Justice Project, Board Member
- Conservation Voters of New Mexico, Director
- Animal Humane New Mexico, Volunteer